Professor Tofik A. Ismail-Zadeh
Born: March 1, 1930; Samarkand, Uzbekistan
Died: July 1, 2004; Moscow, Russia
- 1954, M.Sc. in Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, Lomonossov Moscow
- 1959, Cand. Sc. (Ph. D.) in Geophysics, Institute of Physics
of the Earth (IPE), U.S.S.R. Academy of Sciences, Moscow (supervisor Prof.
- 1984, D.Sc. in Geophysics, IPE, U.S.S.R. Academy of Sciences,
- 1986, Professor in Geophysics, U.S.S.R. Academy of Sciences,
Moscow (U.S.S.R. Commission on High Scientific Certification)
- 1998 - 2004, Leading Research Fellow, United Institute of Physics
of the Earth, Russain Academy of Sciences, Moscow.
- 1992- 2004, Scientific Adviser in Geophysics, Department of
Earth Sciences, Azerbaijan Academy of Sciences, Baku.
- 1979-1992, President, Southern Branch, All-Union Geophysical
Research Institute, U.S.S.R. Ministry of Geology, Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 1977-1987, Director, Geophysical Research Center, Azerbaijan
Academy of Sciences, Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 1965-1977, Chair, Department of Physics of the Earth, Institute
of Geology, Azerbaijan Academy of Sciences, Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 1959-1965, Researcher, Senior Researcher, Institute of Geology,
Azerbaijan Academy of Sciences, Baku, Azerbaijan.
PROFESSIONAL AWARDS AND HONORS
- 1991, Meritorious Scientist of Azerbaijan Republic
- 1990, U.S.S.R. Honorary Prospector of the Earth Interiors
- Awarded several U.S.S.R. medals
- 1994, Member, International Geoecological Academy
- 2000, Fellow, Russian Academy of Natural Sciences
- 2004, Fellow, International Council for Scientific Development
FIELD OF RESEARCH
Paleomagnetism, seismology, petroleum geophysics, geoecology
More 200 scientific papers and 24 inventions
- Atlas of oil-gas-bearing structures of Azerbaijan, Eds. Ismail-Zade,
T.A. et al., Leningrad, 1985
- Atlas of oil-gas-bearing structures of the Caspian Sea, Eds. Ismail-Zade
et. al, Leningrad, 1988